Belle Meade Sherry Cask Finish
Belle Meade Bourbon Sherry Cask Finish, our first release in the Special Cask Finish Series, represents the best of both old and new world whiskey making techniques as it's America's native spirit, Bourbon, that we have blended and finished like a fine Scotch.
We sample and select barrels from our Reserve stock and blend only the best in extremely small batches to create a Bourbon of exceptional character. We then finish this extraordinary blend of 9+ year-old Bourbon in Oloroso Sherry casks from Spain until perfection is achieved.
The final results are, to say the least, remarkable. Rich, intricate, and balanced, this Bourbon is one for the ages. There has never been a Bourbon like it and there will likely never be another.
Winner: Double Gold Medal and Best Special Barrel Finish Bourbon, 2015 San Francisco World Spirits Competition.
"The Double Gold designation is awarded to the very few entries that receive Gold medal ratings by all members of the judging panel. These are among the finest products in the world."
- San Francisco World Spirits Competition
92 POINTS - Distiller.com
Points Of Difference
- A proprietary blend of 9 year-old Bourbon
- Rested in used Oloroso Sherry casks to finish
- High-rye content (30% rye)
- 90.4 proof is the ideal sweet spot for depth of character
- Never chill-filtered to retain maximum flavor
- Nose: Sweet full notes of dried fruits mingle with caramel and floral notes.
- Palate: Dark, rich dried stone fruits follow by caramel, and Rye spice.
- Finish: Long and lingering, with touches of nuts, vanilla bread pudding, and spiced cocoa.