Belle Meade Bourbon Finished in XO Cognac Cask™ is the result of painstaking attention to detail to create a product of unmistakable quality and character.
We start by seeking the perfect casks for the project because like any other ingredient, the finishing cask must be exceptional in order to achieve exceptional results. We use casks made of French Limousin Oak that have been used for 12 years to age one of the world's premiere Fine Champagne XO Cognacs. One smell of these casks tells you that they hold truly magnificent potential as finishing barrels.
We then fill the casks with a blend of Bourbons ranging in age from 6-9 years to coax the best results from the casks. The younger barrels pair with the spice and fruit characteristics of the cask while the rich depth and complexity of the older barrels play perfectly with the soft, luxurious flavors of the well-aged Cognac that once inhabited the French oak.
Belle Meade Bourbon Finished in XO Cognac Cask is the perfect way to wind down the day when sipped neat, with a splash of water, or on the rocks.
Winner: Gold Medal 2017 San Francisco World Spirits Competition.
Winner: Gold Medal 2018 San Francisco World Spirits Competition.
"Products awarded a Gold medal are exceptional. They are near the pinnacle of achievement in their particular category. They are products that set the standard for all others of their type."
- San Francisco World Spirits Competition
Points Of Difference
- A proprietary blend of barrels ranging from 6-9 years old.
- The blend is then rested to finish in XO Cognac that were used for 12 years.
- High Rye Content (30%)
- Non-chill filtered
- 90.4 Proof
- Nose: Crème brûlée, red apple and a touch of cinnamon.
- Palate: Vanilla, caramel, dried orange, baking spices and a soft alluring medium bodied mouth feel.
- Finish: Long finish mimicking the palate with notes of toasted cedar and hints of allspice.